Looking for more technical docs

Hello

I’m a developer interested in using Gelato but I have a lot of technical questions and didn’t find answers. The only doc is Gelato Network - Gelato Network

• if we use a view function in our contract to check if it should trigger, how often does bot call this function?
  • how is the gas price determined?
  • how many bots? location etc…

Is there a documentation about the internal mechanism of Gelato?

Hey!

Thank you for reaching out. We are actually currently working on more formalized technical documentation but are more than happy to help answer any questions that you may have.

I would encourage you to join our dev-channel on Discord, or alternatively come join our Telegram for more immediate responses.

1 Like
  • if we use a view function in our contract to check if it should trigger, how often does bot call this function?

Depends on the network, but in general as often as it possibly can. Right now, this is roughly every 15 seconds (also depends on the amount of total tasks that have been created). We are trying to optimize this even further so that on e.g. Polygon, we check every couple of seconds.

• how is the gas price determined?

Again, depends on the network. In general, we use the gas price which will get your transaction mined within the next 3-4 blocks. Executors are optimized to get your transactions mined in a short period of time, without having you pay too much. They also resubmit your transactions if sudden gas price spikes appear so that you can rest assured that transactions always get mined.

• how many bots? location etc…

More bots are being added as we speak, most of them are currently located in Europe and North America, with some being worked on in Asia as well for more geographical decentralization. The number very much depends on the network. On most newer networks we are on there are currently 3 operators, with more being added soon!